Renewable Energy Engineering Co-Op - Spring 2023
You are only allowed to submit:
- 3 applications in total to U.S. and Canada programs
- 2 applications in total to APAC programs
- 2 applications in total to LATAM programs
- EMEA applicants are limited to 1 application per recruitment season. Once your application has been submitted, you will be unable to apply to any additional EMEA programs.
Renewable Energy Engineering Co-Op
The Technical Risk co-op will join our team of engineers who are responsible for technical review and diligence of new renewable energy investments as well as monitoring our existing fleet of wind, solar and battery storage projects. Typical co-op responsibilities have included:
- Researching new trends in technology, materials, manufacturing, construction, and supply chain.
- Participating in diligence of new deals, including monitoring construction of active projects, technology reviews, etc.
- Supporting the data-driven monitoring of our renewables fleet by aiding in data analysis, visualization and reporting (tools used include Python, MySQL and Tableau).
- Help resolve technical issues within the company’s portfolio of energy projects including reviewing root cause analysis, review of incident reports, mining operational data, etc.
Through this position, candidates will be exposed to a wide array of technologies (wind, solar, gas and possibly energy storage). Candidates will also be directly exposed to plant operations, equipment manufacturing, construction, project management, maintenance and full plant turnarounds. These areas will be viewed from the perspective of the owner/investor with an eye toward optimizing asset value for the benefit of shareholders. Candidates will see firsthand how infrastructure projects are developed, selected, financed, constructed, operated and asset managed in a diverse portfolio of energy industry projects.
Interest in the power/energy industry with relevant backgrounds considered a strong plus.
- Completion of all 1st and 2nd year core coursework and well into requirements of selected major.
- Strong grade point average
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong and demonstrated ability with the following software / tools - Excel (required), MySQL and Tableau (preferred). .
- Works well in a matrix team structured environment and effective communication skills.
- Takes deadlines seriously
- Demonstrated interest in and familiarity with energy industry and technologies.
- Curiosity with interconnection between energy, politics & financial markets
- Creativity, enthusiasm, and drive
- Prior internships / working experience
- High self-confidence
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Proactive, takes the initiative
December 30 2022
Pay and benefits information for the states of California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, Rhode Island and Washington, and for Albany County, New York; Jersey City, New Jersey; Ithaca, New York; New York, New York; or Westchester County, New York.
This Program is closed to applications.