Global Investment Banking Sophomore Summer Analyst Program - 2023
You are only allowed to submit:
- 3 applications in total to U.S. and Canada programs
- 2 applications in total to APAC programs
- 2 applications in total to LATAM programs
- EMEA applicants are limited to 1 application per recruitment season. Once your application has been submitted, you will be unable to apply to any additional EMEA programs.
Global Investment Banking Sophomore Summer Analyst – 2023
Job Description & Program Overview
Bank of America is committed to fostering an environment that promotes diverse talent and perspectives. Our Sophomore Analyst Program is an integral part of our commitment to equity and inclusion by hiring top campus talent from groups who have been historically underrepresented in financial services. While our goal is to increase hiring of underrepresented groups, all eligible students regardless of background are encouraged to apply.
This program experience will be packed with training sessions and networking opportunities where you’ll experience our commitment to diversity and an inclusive work environment first hand. You’ll gain unique insights into how our line of businesses work and explore the range of career possibilities at Bank of America.
- Analysts will receive continued on-the-job training throughout the program and benefit from working alongside experienced professionals on meaningful projects during their internship. Analysts will have many opportunities to exchange ideas and network with peers, mentors and diverse senior managers through team-building sessions and other organized events.
- As an analyst you will also have the support of a mentor and buddy who can help you navigate the workplace and ensure you are best positioned for success.
- The program timing is structured as two -10 week internships over the course of 2 consecutive summers. Upon successful completion of the first internship, analysts will be offered placement into the junior program the following year.
We believe Bank of America can do more for our clients than any other financial services firm. We understand the challenges our clients face around the world, and we use the full resources of our company to help them achieve their goals. Our solutions span the complete range of advisory, capital raising, banking, treasury and liquidity, sales and trading, and research capabilities.
During the summer you will be placed within one of our industry, country or product coverage teams. Your training and development is our top priority with extensive formal training offered at the start of the program in addition to on the job support, educational speaker events and mentorship throughout.
As a summer analyst, your key tasks and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Developing and maintaining complex financial models
- Performing various financial analyses, including valuations and merger consequences
- Conducting comprehensive and in-depth company and industry research
- Preparation of presentation and other materials for clients
- Participation in due diligence sessions, communication and interaction with deal team members
- Management of several projects at once and work effectively as an individual and as part of a team
- Candidates are required to be pursuing a BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university with a graduation time frame between December 2024 and June 2025
- Must demonstrate a track record of superior performance in extracurricular and professional activities
- 3.5 minimum GPA preferred
- Must have a combination of strong quantitative/analytical skills, attention to detail and client focus
- Strategic and creative thinking; distinguished written and oral communications skills
- Assertiveness, initiative, leadership, strong work ethic, team focus
- Ability to learn quickly and take on new responsibilities
- Dedication to building a career in the investment banking industry
(If you are interested in Leveraged Finance New York please apply to the Investment Banking Summer Sophomore Analyst Program to be considered. If you are interested in Leveraged Finance Charlotte please apply to the Capital Markets Sophomore Summer Analyst Program to be considered.)
Bank of America does not complete third party forms from colleges, universities, or other parties.
Pay and benefits information for the states of California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, Rhode Island and Washington, and for Albany County, New York; Jersey City, New Jersey; Ithaca, New York; New York, New York; or Westchester County, New York.
This Program is closed to applications.