Global Wealth and Investment Management (GWIM) Investment Solutions Summer Analyst Program- 2019
You are only allowed to submit:
- 3 applications in total to U.S. and Canada programs
- 2 applications in total to APAC programs
- 2 applications in total to LATAM programs
- EMEA applicants are limited to 1 application per recruitment season. Once your application has been submitted, you will be unable to apply to any additional EMEA programs.
Job Description & Program Overview
Global Wealth and Investment Management (GWIM) provides comprehensive wealth management to affluent and high-net-worth clients. It also provides retirement and benefit plan services, philanthropic management and asset management to individuals and institutions.
Our Investment Solutions Group supports investment products and investment strategy across GWIM. They provide investment solutions across all product platforms, including equity, debt and structured products, alternative investments, and delivery of due diligence and cohesive investment management solutions for client portfolios. They also coordinate the investment strategy across GWIM, harmonizing market themes, identifying trends and supporting our client-focused investing approach. Our Global Wealth and Investment Management Summer Analyst Program is designed to offer candidates the opportunity to work in various positions within our Investment Solutions Group.
Our structured 10 week internship provides extensive on the job training, in addition to educational speaker events, coaching and mentorship throughout.
Interns may support a specific product or investment strategy area:
- Alternative Investments – Responsible for offering of hedge fund, managed futures, private equity, precious metals and nontraditional mutual funds for advisors and clients of Merrill Lynch and U.S. Trust.
- Markets – A capital markets, sales & trading-oriented organization that delivers innovative solutions to help clients meet their complex financial objectives. The products and capabilities cover all asset classes including debt, equity, commodities, foreign exchange, interest rate products, and derivative instruments.
- Portfolio Construction/Asset Allocation – Dedicated asset allocation and risk analytics team with innovative portfolio construction techniques and tools.
- Due Diligence – A team that uses quantitative and qualitative analysis to evaluate and select investment strategies. The team’s analysis seeks to assess risk adjusted performance, emphasize platform breadth and depth, and focus on avoiding adverse incomes.
- Managed Account Advisors - Registered Investment Advisors that support Financial Advisors by providing portfolio overlay management for firm-directed and third party investments.
- ISG Sales - Provides Financial Advisors with in-depth guidance on investment planning, portfolio construction, and risk management so that they can help clients meet their wealth management goals using the investment advisory programs, capital markets, and/or alternative investments.
- Candidates are required to be pursuing a Bachelor's or Master’s degree with a graduation date between December 2019 and June 2020
- Demonstrated record of achievement, such as extracurricular activities or leadership roles
- Finance knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Ability to think independently
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Strong time management skills and attention to detail
- 3.2 minimum GPA preferred
- Technical skills such as Excel and PowerPoint
Bank of America is unable to consider candidates that will require visa sponsorship now, or in the future, for this specific role.
Travel: On needs basis
Full / Part-time: Fulltime
Hours Per Week: 40.00
Shift: 1st Shift
This Program is closed to applications.