Global Technology Summer Analyst Program - 2023
You are only allowed to submit:
- 3 applications in total to U.S. and Canada programs
- 2 applications in total to APAC programs
- 2 applications in total to LATAM programs
- EMEA applicants are limited to 1 application per recruitment season. Once your application has been submitted, you will be unable to apply to any additional EMEA programs.
Global Technology Summer Analyst Program
Locations include: Charlotte, NC; Dallas Metro, TX; Jersey City, NJ; New York, NY; Pennington, NJ; Chicago, IL; Boston, MA; Denver, CO and Richmond, VA
At Bank of America, our Global Technology division drives innovation on end-to-end technology needs for our business and clients worldwide. We deliver bold solutions by solving challenging and pressing technical problems for our clients. Our teams collaborate across disciplines to develop new solutions, revolutionize our business, and deliver cutting-edge results for stakeholders.
Our Global Technology Summer Analyst Program is a 10-week internship that provides you with a unique experience based on your interests, development opportunities, and current business needs. Here at Bank of America, our focus is on providing our clients with innovative, safe, and secure solutions by leveraging the most advanced technology tools coupled with the creativity of our technology teams. You can help Bank of America continue to transform the way customers and clients bank with us!
During the Global Technology Summer Analyst Program, your responsibilities will vary based on your location, job profile, and team assignment.
Your internship opportunity could include:
- Helping grow and manage the critical systems and technology platforms needed to maintain the company's market-leading positions in all its businesses, such as deposits, payment products, consumer lending, and investment banking.
- Defining business requirements, identify data sources to meet those requirements, and mine data sources to discover business and customer insights
- Responding, researching, measuring, detecting, and mitigating potential security attacks that attempt to compromise our network
Although the role you take on may vary, every intern will have the opportunity for robust learning through trainings, professional development, networking events, volunteer activities, speaker series, and more! During your 10-weeks with Bank of America, you'll strengthen your key skills and competencies to help jump start your career and make a real impact on our business from day one.
What We Offer
- An opportunity to develop your skills through formal and on the job training
- Peer and mentor relationships that provide ongoing coaching and development feedback throughout program
- Participation in collaboration across teams to develop business acumen and gain exposure to multiple areas across the organization
- Connections with senior leaders through educational speaker events
- A focus on developing networking skills through connections within projects, intern-specific program, and engagement events
- A formalized approach to establishing goals and expectations for the summer through our performance development process
- Concluding the internship by sharing a final presentation to senior leaders, managers, peers, and mentors
What You'll Do - Explore Potential Roles
The job profiles for the Global Technology Summer Analyst Program include*:
Software Engineer/Developer: Key tasks and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide technical excellence to design, develop, and maintain state-of-the-art technology applications utilizing technologies such as Java/EJB's, C++, .NET, Python and Web services
- Gather and translate internal and external client requirements into technical design specifications, business process reengineering
- Code solutions, unit tests, and ensures the solution can be integrated successfully into the overall application/system with clear, robust, and well-tested interfaces
- Participates and contributes in the delivery/release (CI/CD) events. e.g. branching timelines, pull requests, issue triage, merge/conflict resolution, release notes
Business Analyst: Key tasks and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Gather, analyze, and document business and system requirements
- Act as the liaison between business partners and software development teams to translate business requirements into technical requirements and ensure that systems or applications support and conform to business needs and specifications
- Coordinate the process of analyzing functional specifications, use cases, process flows and user interface requirements
- Collaborate with software testers to develop valid test plans and test scripts
Data Science: Key tasks and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Gather and translate internal and external client requirements into technical design specifications suitable for the application of machine learning
- Provide technical excellence to apply state-of-the-art machine learning / artificial intelligence utilizing technologies such as Spark, R, Hadoop, Scala, SQL to real world infrastructure business problems. Define strategies and parameters for predictive models and data mining projects, ensuring data integrity and usability
- Partner with business, product, and technology teams across the organization to evolve machine learning and data science capabilities within the bank
Cybersecurity Analyst: Key tasks and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide analytical, strategic, and technical skills to design, develop, implement, and use state-of-the-art technology cybersecurity solutions aimed at reducing risk
- Responsible for delivering innovative capabilities in team environment, as well as leveraging skills, background, and interests for a specific group within Global Information Security
- Respond to, research, measure, detect and mitigate security attacks that attempt to compromise at the network and application layers
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors
Mainframe Analyst: Key tasks and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Knowledge in basic IBM Mainframe systems (e.g., transaction and database managers, message queue managers, and operating system and communication services)
- Technical skills to include basic knowledge of one or more mainframe technologies (e.g., COBOL, CICS, DB2, IMS, WMQ, z/OS); as well as Job Control Language (JCL)
- *Majority of opportunities available are developer roles.
Who Are We Looking For?
- You'll be pursuing a BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university with a graduation timeframe between December 2023 and June 2024
- 3.2 minimum GPA preferred
- Your undergraduate degree will be in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or similar degree of relevance
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; the ability to promote teamwork and collaboration
- A strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment, while remaining detail oriented
- An open mind with positive attitude to learn new technology, tools, and processes on the job
- An analytical thinking and problem-solving mindset
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and will close on Friday, March 31st, 2023 (11:59 PM EST).
Pay and benefits information for the states of California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, Rhode Island and Washington, and for Albany County, New York; Jersey City, New Jersey; Ithaca, New York; New York, New York; or Westchester County, New York.
This Program is closed to applications.