Global Compliance and Operational Risk Full Time Analyst - 2024 - Tokyo
You are only allowed to submit:
- 3 applications in total to U.S. and Canada programs
- 2 applications in total to APAC programs
- 2 applications in total to LATAM programs
- EMEA applicants are limited to 1 application per recruitment season. Once your application has been submitted, you will be unable to apply to any additional EMEA programs.
Help take risk out of our way.
What we're looking for:
- Final year Undergraduate/Master's students with outstanding academic achievement
- Major in Compliance or related field (e.g. Law) preferred, but students from other streams with a solid understanding of or keen interest in the financial industry are welcome to apply
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication in English. Knowledge of business Mandarin and/or Japanese would be considered added advantages
- Being comfortable with change and adjust to dynamically changing demands and requirements
- Strong team player and client-focused, clearly demonstrating energy and drive, keenness to dig deep into subject matter, and learning quickly
The APAC Compliance & Operational Risk (COR) team is at the core of the Bank's cultural values and a key component of our risk management discipline. The COR team mitigates against Compliance risk - the risk of legal or regulatory sanctions, material financial loss or damage to the reputation of the company arising from the failure of the company to comply with the requirements of jurisdictional laws, rules, regulations (LRRs); and Operational risk - the risk of loss resulting from inadequate or failed internal processes, people and systems, or external events. The Bank's COR Program is the comprehensive set of systematic practices instituted by the company to ensure that applicable LRR requirements are being met and operational risk is being appropriately managed.
The APAC COR team performs two primary roles: 1) being trusted partners to the front line, helping interpret written laws, rules and regulations (LRR) and regulatory expectations, and 2) performing the ''check and challenge'' on the front line practices and processes to ensure the Bank is fully compliant at all times. The COR team is critical since it helps front line staff perform their role of generating business through a much wider lens that encompasses the Bank's risk appetite, leverages global best practices and focuses on compliant growth while doing it independently from the front lines. We are the ''second pair of eyes'' in sharing the core responsibility of mitigating regulatory, reputational, and other risks.
What you'll do:
- Work with and learn from the HK Country COR team on matters and regulatory issues relevant to the entities based in Hong Kong from a Country perspective.
- Work with and learn from one or more regional Front Line Unit (FLU) Compliance teams - for example, Research, Investment Banking, Equity, FICC, etc - on matters specific to these line/s of business, not only from a Country perspective, but also from an Asia point of view.
- Work with and learn from one or more Enterprise Compliance teams based in HK - for example, Registrations & Licensing, Associate Investment Management etc - on matters that are relevant to the whole Enterprise, cutting across lines of business both regionally, and in some instances, globally.
- You will conduct data analysis, project management, policy analysis and research in an effort to build a strong GCOR holistic foundation & understanding. As part of this role, there will be constant engagement with multiple parties at the Bank, including front-line leaders, regulators, Legal counterparts, control functions etc.
As a full-time analyst, you will begin your career at Bank of America with an extensive training program. The program is a combination of classroom instruction, e-learning modules, case studies, and presentations. Throughout the program, you will have ample opportunities to work closely with professionals and peers throughout our organization. This is a great opportunity to build a network of colleagues from across the company that will prove to be a tremendous resource to you throughout your career.
This is a two-year rotational program within the APAC COR function, involving Country, Line-of-Business, and Enterprise COR teams. Upon completion of the program, you will be placed into one of these teams on a permanent basis. The aim of this program is to provide a solid understanding of the core roles and responsibilities within the Global Risk Management function, while developing a broad range of skills applicable to COR.
At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We're devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 19 cities in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region's leading financial services companies.
February 28 2023
This Program is closed to applications.