EMEA | Johannesburg | Global Investment Banking | Off Cycle Internship
Global Investment Banking, Off-cycle Analyst (3-6 months)
Johannesburg, South Africa
Application Deadline: 28th February 2018
Job Description & Program Overview
The Investment Banking business is organized across country and industry coverage teams, which include Consumer and Retail, Energy and Power, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Multi-Industries, Real Estate, Gaming and Leisure, and Telecoms, Media and Technology. In addition the Investment Banking division includes a dedicated Mergers and Acquisitions team, a Leveraged Finance team, and a Financial Sponsors coverage team. Individuals in Global Investment Banking build long term relationships with the CEOs, CFOs and Boards of Directors of our clients and advise them on strategic topics, mergers and acquisitions, and capital structure. They also work closely with product specialists in Equity Capital Markets and Debt Capital Markets and Corporate Banking to originate and execute debt and equity financing and treasury solutions for our clients.
Your training and development is our top priority with extensive formal training offered at the start of the program in addition to on the job support, educational speaker events and mentorship throughout.
As an Off-cycle intern within Global Investment Banking, you will:
• Work on projects alongside bankers in specific industry, product and country coverage groups, providing you with a unique learning opportunity
• Help the team deliver solutions to clients with the full spectrum of the bank's capabilities. Actively contribute to the preparation of client presentation and underlying valuation analysis
• Build relationships, knowledge and experience that will open doors to a wide range of future career options and opportunities
• Through our unique pooling system, you will have the opportunity to work in industry, product and coverage groups to give you a first-hand understanding of the investment banking profession and offer you the chance to explore your best fit for full-time placement
• Applications are accepted from a diverse range of degree disciplines such as the arts and humanities, as well as numerically focused subjects such as economics and mathematics
• Strong A-level grades and on track for a minimum 2:1 degree (or equivalent)
• Fluency in English is essential and a second European language may also be required for some roles
• You'll need to demonstrate drive, innovation and a genuine interest in the financial markets
• Team-working, leadership and problem-solving skills, plus creativity are key qualities, as is the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task and interact with a variety of people
• Demonstrates Accountability and Productivity
• Displays analytical and problem-solving skills
• Influences decisions and outcomes through effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team environment to achieve goals and deliverables
• Demonstrates integrity and ethics by earning other’s trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organization understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
February 28 2018
This Program is closed to applications.