Investment Banking Summer 2023 Associate - London
You are only allowed to submit:
- 3 applications in total to U.S. and Canada programs
- 2 applications in total to APAC programs
- 2 applications in total to LATAM programs
- EMEA applicants are limited to 1 application per recruitment season. Once your application has been submitted, you will be unable to apply to any additional EMEA programs.
Investment Banking, Summer Associate
Job Description & Programme Overview
Our Summer Associate programme is designed to offer you a broad and exciting experience of what it is like to work as an Investment Banking Associate. During the summer you will be placed within one of our industry, country or product coverage teams.
The Investment Banking division is organised across industry coverage, region and product teams. Industry coverage teams include Consumer and Retail, Natural Resources, Financial Institutions, Financial Sponsors, Healthcare, Multi-Industries, Real Estate, Gaming and Leisure, and Technology, Media and Telecoms among others. Product teams include Mergers and Acquisitions, Corporate Finance and Leveraged Finance. Country coverage teams include all regions in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) and are partially or fully based in regional offices. The Investment Banking division provides advice to CEOs, CFOs and Boards of Directors of our clients on strategic topics including mergers and acquisitions and capital structure.
Your training and development are our top priorities with extensive formal training offered at the start of the programme in addition to on-the-job support, educational speaker events and mentorship throughout.
As a Summer Associate, your key tasks and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Help the team to deliver solutions that bring to bear the full breadth of the Bank's capabilities and its competitive advantages as a top tier bank
- Perform valuation analysis and develop the financial and analytical expertise
- Structure and prepare client presentations
- Actively participate in executing transactions, including work with clients as well as representatives of other investment banks and other advisors
- Through our unique pooling system, you'll have the opportunity to work across multiple areas, giving you a broad understanding of the investment banking profession and offer you the chance to explore your best fit for a full-time placement
- Candidates are required to be a recent MBA graduate or in their final year of study pursuing an MBA or other advanced degree from a top-tier school; you'll need a track record of superior performance in extracurricular and professional activities
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, advanced corporate finance knowledge and appropriate language capabilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to concisely and clearly deliver concepts and ideas, as well as to interact with the team and the client in a professional manner will be key
- You should be a quick learner who can work independently or as part of a team, with a high degree of initiative and motivation and a client-focused, results-driven approach
- Demonstrating accountability and productivity
- Influencing decisions and outcomes through effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Promoting cooperation and commitment within a team environment to achieve goals and deliverables
- Demonstrating integrity and ethics by earning other's trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions
- Fluency in English is essential for all roles and a second European language may also be required for some roles
- For some roles within Emerging Markets (including sub-Sahara Africa, Russia and China), a knowledge of those regions is required so that support in the marketing of products, advising and coordinating the marketing effort to existing and potential investor base in the emerging markets region can be provided
The worlds of sustainable finance, workplace culture and technology are evolving fast. Together we can shape them to be smarter, greener, safer and more inclusive.
At Bank of America, we care deeply about our planet and the people on it. That's why each year we provide billions of dollars in financing for sustainable business activities. We develop emerging technology to help organisations gain funding more safely, rapidly and globally than ever.
Join us and we'll help you shape your own world through opportunities to learn, grow and belong. You'll work in collaborative global teams with mentorship programs, employee networks and events to build friendships and support.
As a valued member of our team with responsibilities from day one, we'll ask that you take the time to understand our Code of Conduct and how we manage risk.
We need all kinds of people, perspectives and skills, so if you're as passionate as we are about making the world better, this could be the opportunity for you.
Our recruitment process
Analyst Internship and Full Time recruiting takes place on a rolling basis once our applications are open. Assessments often begin before the deadline, so it's best to submit your application early as this will give you the best chance of being considered for the role.
We care deeply about shaping the world of work to be an equal and inclusive one - and that starts with our recruitment process. We know just how important and valuable it is to have a wide range of skills, backgrounds and experiences shaping our work and ideas. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and we're proud to focus on attracting, retaining and developing diverse talent within Bank of America. Together, we aim to mirror the customers, clients and communities we serve.
What if I need workplace adjustments?
We're committed to ensuring our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. If you need a workplace adjustment to search for a job opening, need help completing your application or video interview, please email email@example.com and let us know. We'll get back to you within two business days.
We offer a competitive Salary and Benefits package
January 19 2023
This Program is closed to applications.