Global Quantitative Research Summer Associate Program - 2023
You are only allowed to submit:
- 3 applications in total to U.S. and Canada programs
- 2 applications in total to APAC programs
- 2 applications in total to LATAM programs
- EMEA applicants are limited to 1 application per recruitment season. Once your application has been submitted, you will be unable to apply to any additional EMEA programs.
Job Description & Program Overview
Summer associates in our Cross-Asset Quantitative Research program will have the opportunity for up to three rotations during the program with the machine learning group within US equity strategy, quantitative credit strategy, rates and rate derivatives strategy, equity derivatives research and the quantitative systematic investment strategies team.
During the program summer associates will conduct primary research in areas that can include:
- Applying advanced machine learning techniques to develop strategies for harvesting risk-premia and asset allocation
- Investigate how markets are influenced by macro and sentiment factors using natural language processing and deep learning
- Using data science tools for modelling rates curves and positioning, portfolio construction and forecasting market anomalies
- Identify leading indicators of distress in credit markets and model inflection points in earning with real-time and big data sets
- Model financial derivatives to identify systematically mispriced assets in order to build alpha generating trading strategies
- Developing smart dynamic hedging solutions for more efficient risk management of client assets
- Candidates are required to be pursuing a graduate degree (Masters or Ph.D.) from an accredited college or university with a graduation timeframe between December 2023 and June 2024 in a field of Quantitative Finance, Financial Engineering, or a related technical field that blends advanced quantitative methods with finance and economics
- Experience in managing and analyzing large data sets with modern data-science tools is required, strong knowledge and experience in advanced machine learning techniques is critical for select rotations
- Knowledge of financial derivatives including futures and options and their underlying pricing models is key for derivative-team rotations
- Knowledge of Python or R and Excel; Python and packages including NumPy/Pandas/scikit-learn/Keras/PyTorch/fastai required for certain rotations
- Distinguished written and verbal communications skills and an ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and concisely to non-technical individuals
- Ability to work independently and drive toward a completed end product
- Strong attention to detail; exercise strong quality control over own work
- A passion and curiosity appropriate for research combined with an ability to rapidly drive results under uncertainty
Bank of America does not complete third party forms from colleges, universities, or other parties.
October 15 2023
Pay and benefits information for the states of California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, Rhode Island and Washington, and for Albany County, New York; Jersey City, New Jersey; Ithaca, New York; New York, New York; or Westchester County, New York.
This Program is closed to applications.