Quantitative Research Off-Cycle 2023 Analyst - Paris
You are only allowed to submit:
- 3 applications in total to U.S. and Canada programs
- 2 applications in total to APAC programs
- 2 applications in total to LATAM programs
- EMEA applicants are limited to 1 application per recruitment season. Once your application has been submitted, you will be unable to apply to any additional EMEA programs.
Global Quantitative Research, Off-cycle Analyst
Programme Overview & Job Description
Quantitative investing is one of the fastest growing segments of the asset management industry today. BofA's strong focus in this space is evidenced both from steady growth in a cross asset investable indices franchise as well as a cross-discipline research effort that is focussed on educating clients (global asset owners and managers) on risk factors, advances in portfolio construction and quantitatively driven systematic strategies across asset classes.
Bank of America's Global Quantitative Research Off-Cycle Analyst Programme offers the opportunity to work within the cross asset quant investment strategy and derivatives research teams. Your work will range from helping to develop and motivate systematic strategies across asset classes based on classic factors such as carry, value, momentum, volatility, etc, over both low and high frequency trading horizons, through to researching robust asset and factor allocation methodologies, using modern data science techniques as required. Sample responsibilities and projects include:
- Back-testing systematic trading strategies using linear or non-linear instruments across asset classes
- Applying data science techniques like clustering or other classification algorithms to asset or factor allocation problems
- Analysing, interpreting and representing trends in market microstructure and high frequency market data across asset classes
- Presenting findings of analytical work to multiple research teams, learning how to represent complex data using innovative and rich charts/visualisations
- Assisting derivatives and cross asset quant researchers in their day-to-day work and learning about the real-world constraints of quant trading/investing
Your training and development is our top priority with extensive formal training offered at the start of the programme in addition to on the job support, educational speaker events and mentorship throughout.
- Candidates are required to be pursuing a degree from an accredited college or university with a graduation date between 2023 and 2024
- Financial market or academic experience of developing and backtesting quantitative investment strategies in Equities or FICC, including risk premia / factor-based investing
- Strong academic background in quantitative finance, financial engineering or applied mathematics (e.g. Advanced Masters degree or greater).
- Advanced proficiency in quantitative analysis and statistics including time series and big / complex datasets
- Exposure/experience in applying machine learning, natural language processing or advanced information theory
- Strong programming and Excel skills, preferably in Python, R, VBA, SQL etc
- Fluency in English is essential and a second European language may be required for some roles
- Effective written and presentation skills - a key asset for a quant researcher is to write up and explain often complex concepts in the simplest terms
- Candidates should have a keen eye for detail - accuracy and consistency is crucial in this fast-paced environment
- Candidates must show a long-term interest in the field of quantitative finance and demonstrate achievements towards their pursuit of a career in this field.
- Candidates must demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team within a fast-paced environment, and show leadership and problem solving skills.
- Exposure to derivatives is a plus
The worlds of sustainable finance, workplace culture and technology are evolving fast. Together we can shape them to be smarter, greener, safer and more inclusive.
At Bank of America, we care deeply about our planet and the people on it. That's why each year we provide billions of dollars in financing for sustainable business activities. We develop emerging technology to help organisations gain funding more safely, rapidly and globally than ever.
Join us and we'll help you shape your own world through opportunities to learn, grow and belong. You'll work in collaborative global teams with mentorship programs, employee networks and events to build friendships and support.
As a valued member of our team with responsibilities from day one, we'll ask that you take the time to understand our Code of Conduct and how we manage risk.
We need all kinds of people, perspectives and skills, so if you're as passionate as we are about making the world better, this could be the opportunity for you.
Our recruitment process
Analyst Internship and Full Time recruiting takes place on a rolling basis once our applications are open. Assessments often begin before the deadline, so it's best to submit your application early as this will give you the best chance of being considered for the role.
We care deeply about shaping the world of work to be an equal and inclusive one - and that starts with our recruitment process. We know just how important and valuable it is to have a wide range of skills, backgrounds and experiences shaping our work and ideas. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and we're proud to focus on attracting, retaining and developing diverse talent within Bank of America. Together, we aim to mirror the customers, clients and communities we serve.
What if I need workplace adjustments?
We're committed to ensuring our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. If you need a workplace adjustment to search for a job opening, need help completing your application or video interview, please email email@example.com and let us know. We'll get back to you within two business days.
We offer a competitive Salary and Benefits package
November 30 2022
This Program is closed to applications.