APAC | Hong Kong | Global Markets Sales & Trading | Full Time Associate 2020
You are only allowed to submit:
- 3 applications in total to U.S. and Canada programs
- 2 applications in total to APAC programs
- 2 applications in total to LATAM programs
- EMEA applicants are limited to 1 application per recruitment season. Once your application has been submitted, you will be unable to apply to any additional EMEA programs.
Global Markets delivers a wide range of securities products and services, powerful sales and trading capabilities and deep risk management expertise across asset classes. Closely aligned with Global Corporate & Investment Banking's client-managed groups, Global Markets product specialists anticipate and meet the needs of more than 3,000 institutional investors and 7,000 issuer clients.
Leveraging our local relationships and broad global capabilities, we provide our clients with creative and innovative ideas and market insights, trading services, analytics and new products across a broad spectrum of asset classes. These range from interest rate and credit products, foreign exchange, real estate and commodities to cash equities and equity-linked products - all with the goal of enabling our clients to maximise their performance.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s Asia Distressed Credit / Special Situations trading desk is seeking an MBA Associate hire to join their team. This role requires a detailed understanding of distressed credit analysis, across a variety of industries and jurisdictions in the Asia Pacific region. Candidates will be expected to have previous experience analyzing complex credit situations, and be capable of critical thinking in a time sensitive manner. Working within a small and collaborative research team, this versatile role requires a capable individual to support and drive the risk-making decisions made within the team.
Global Credit and Special Situations (GCSS) analyses, invests and trades in distressed debt and special situations investments with the following product focus: distressed debt (loans, bonds, mezzanine and subordinated debt); distressed structured products; DIP and rescue financings; hard asset financings; non-performing loan portfolios; public and private equity; and vendor claims.
- Independent development of credit analysis / investment thesis
- Conducting sophisticated financial analysis on both par and distressed securities and loans
- In-depth industry research as well as detailed company specific due diligenceInvestment memo preparation and presentation
- Presentation of ideas / analysis to colleagues as well as external clients (banks, buy side funds)
- Collaborating with regional sourcing and trading team members
Education / Experience
- MBA or similar business orientated degree
- Outstanding academic record / GPA
- Fluency in another Asian language in addition to excellent English communication skills advantageous
- Previous experience analyzing and investing in distressed credit, gained from a top-tier investment bank, credit hedge fund or similar institution
Skills / Abilities
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Advanced financial modeling and analytical skills, ability to read and interpret financial reports and legal agreementsAbility to apply advanced oral and written communication skills to create a positive impression and professional rapport
- Ability to leverage existing business contacts as well as generate new leads, applied to both origination and due diligence
How to Apply
- Select 'Apply' and sign in as a new or returning user
- Complete all sections of the application form, followed by the video interview
- Upload cover letter and/or resume to support your application
- Submit form - please note that in order for your application to be considered, you must have completed the form, uploaded your resume, and completed the online video interview before the deadline
March 1 2020
This Program is closed to applications.