2019 Advisor Development Summer Analyst Program
Job Description and Program Overview
The Advisor Development Summer Analyst Program develops future leaders while engaging them in challenging and business critical assignments in both non-client facing and client facing roles. The internship program offers candidates a 10 week summer program in one of several areas of the organization including Financial Centers, Merrill Edge Home Office, and Merrill Lynch Wealth Management. During the summer program, interns in this group will have a variety of opportunities to learn about Consumer Banking and Merrill Lynch Wealth Management via:
- National calls led by Subject Matter Experts
- Day in the Life Testimonials
- Web-based courses and training
- Cross-business activities and challenges
- On the job/business specific training
- Structured Performance Management Process
Training and Development
Your training and development is our top priority with extensive formal training offered at the start of the program in addition to on the job support, educational speaker events, and mentorship throughout the summer program. Additionally, this program includes a national curriculum that provides web based learning/technical training and professional development opportunities. As a summer intern, your key tasks and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Applying your financial acumen and analytical skills to support projects as required by our customers and business leaders
- Conducting product, market, and client research
- Developing business acumen
- Reporting and analysis
- Assisting in business development and marketing
Financial Center (opportunities available nationwide):
Gain exposure to client professional roles by working with a team of specialists and leaders within a Bank of America Financial Center. Interns have a unique opportunity to develop and fine-tune their professional skills by actively engaging with teams and enhancing the overall client experience throughout the internship and contributing to projects that impact key drivers of business results.
Merrill Edge Home Office (opportunities available in: Chandler, AZ, Hopewell, NJ, Hunt Valley, MD, Jacksonville FL, Lincoln, RI, and Rolling Meadows, IL):
Designed to provide participants a holistic view of Merrill Edge Home Office including the investment services and offerings that specialists provide to mass affluent clients. Interns will have the opportunity to contribute to value added project work and showcase their work, job shadowing experience, and exposure to leaders within the business.
Merrill Lynch Wealth Management (opportunities available nationwide):
Work with a team of experienced Merrill Lynch financial advisors to learn key aspects of wealth management, including investment products and solutions, relationship building, digital capabilities and client interaction. Interns play a critical role in assisting with business development strategies, sales support, market research, portfolio construction, digital adoption and more.
- Candidates are required to be pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a graduation timeframe between December 2019 and June 2020 (juniors)
- 3.2 minimum GPA preferred
- A history of high achievement
- An entrepreneurial mindset and motivation to succeed
- Confident and engaging presence
- Concise, inspiring communication skills
- A client-focus mentality
- Interest in advisory career path
- Please note, if offered a full time opportunity following your internship you will need to be geographically flexible with regards to your work location to be eligible
Bank of America is unable to consider candidates that will require visa sponsorship now, or in the future, for this specific role.
Travel: As needed basis
Full / Part-time: Fulltime
Hours Per Week: 40.00
Shift: 1st Shift
This Program is closed to applications.