Public Finance Summer Analyst Program - 2023
You are only allowed to submit:
- 3 applications in total to U.S. and Canada programs
- 2 applications in total to APAC programs
- 2 applications in total to LATAM programs
- EMEA applicants are limited to 1 application per recruitment season. Once your application has been submitted, you will be unable to apply to any additional EMEA programs.
Job Description & Program Overview
Public Finance Investment Banking group is headquartered in New York with multiple regional offices. The firm has been ranked #1 in the municipal market for six years. Public Finance provides financing solutions to state and local governmental and not-for-profit clients through the issuance of municipal bonds. Typically issued as tax-exempt debt, clients include states, counties, cities, school districts, higher education institutions, public utilities, public transportation agencies, not-for-profit health care systems and hospitals, state affiliated and not-for-profit student loan and housing agencies, cultural organizations and developers.
As an active team member in Public Finance, summer analysts assist bankers in capital raising, debt portfolio and credit analyses, and strategic advisory services, and market assessments for governmental, not-for-profit and/or developer clients.
As a summer analyst, your responsibilities may include:
- Developing and maintaining financial cash flow models, using industry standard software
- Supporting various financial analyses, including bond structuring
- Performing comprehensive and in-depth client, credit, and pricing research
- Preparing presentation and other materials for client meetings
- Communicating and interacting with team members, including underwriting, sales & trading teams, to execute transactions specifically in relation to structuring and marketing.
- Candidates are required to be pursuing a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a graduation timeframe between December 2023 and June 2024
- 3.2 minimum GPA preferred
- A strong interest in finance and the public sector
- Candidates must demonstrate a combination of academic aptitude, quantitative and organizational skills, strategic and creative thinking, and strong written and oral communications skills
- Ability to manage several projects at once and work both independently and in a team
- Other desired characteristics include: integrity, attention to detail, assertiveness, initiative, leadership, strong work ethic and team focus
- While not required, an interest in working with and traveling to clients located in the southeast U.S. may be preferred
Bank of America does not complete third party forms from colleges, universities, or other parties.
Pay and benefits information for the states of California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, Rhode Island and Washington, and for Albany County, New York; Jersey City, New Jersey; Ithaca, New York; New York, New York; or Westchester County, New York.
This Program is closed to applications.