EMEA | Chester | Global Markets Operations | Apprenticeship
You are only allowed to submit:
- 3 applications in total to U.S. and Canada programs
- 2 applications in total to APAC programs
- 2 applications in total to LATAM programs
- EMEA applicants are limited to 1 application per recruitment season. Once your application has been submitted, you will be unable to apply to any additional EMEA programs.
Global Markets Operations (GMO), Apprentice
Chester, United Kingdom
Job Description & Program Overview
We are currently looking for a motivated and control focused Apprentice to join our Global Markets Operations team in Chester in a full time role whilst studying the Level 4 Investment Operations Specialist apprenticeship standard.
This is a great opportunity to join a world-renowned company and build a rewarding career in the North West. You will be joining an exceptional and supportive team, based in our Chester offices, working alongside colleagues from around the globe. We promote diversity and inclusion and will give you access to ongoing training to help you develop and grow. We reward high performance and support colleagues in local community based voluntary activities. This all helps to make our company a great place to work.
We are looking for someone with a keen desire to learn and progress within financial services and in return we will give you an in-depth understanding of our business. You have the ability to make every single day different so this role is perfect for those who like to continuously learn.
As an apprentice, your key tasks and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Gain front to back understanding of the businesses being supported and building relationships with key internal partners including Technology, Finance, Risk, Front Office and other Operational teams
- Build and manage relationships with clients and external service providers
- Understand the front to back processes within the team and the associated risks and controls
- Contribute to the daily processing of the trade lifecycle across a wide range of financial products
- Contribute to the production and analysis of performance metrics
- Engage in the continuous improvement of the end to end operating environment
Essential and desired competencies
- A clear motivation for the Operations division
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Capacity to learn quickly
- Detail focused
- Strong numeracy skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Fluency in English is essential
- Team player
- A thirst for knowledge and understanding of the business
- Competent in the Microsoft Office software suite
- Demonstrates integrity and ethics by earning other’s trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions
- 3 A-Levels (96 UCAS points)
- Five GCSEs at grade C (or 4) or above, Incl. English & mathematics (or equivalent)
- Been a resident of the UK for the past 3 years
- Not in full-time education when starting the apprenticeship
- Have the right to work and remain in the UK indefinitely
- Spend at least 50% of your working hours in England over the duration of the apprenticeship
- Have not completed a qualification or apprenticeship at the same level or lower which provided you with substantially the same skills or training as you would gain through this apprenticeship with Bank of America
Our Commitment to Conduct and Environmental, social and governance (ESG)
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organization understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
For more information on our commitment to ESG, visit about.bankofamerica.com.
Apprentice recruiting takes place on a rolling basis once applications open. Assessments often begin before the deadline, so it is best to submit your application early and not waiting until the deadline.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependents, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
What if I need workplace adjustments?
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. If you believe you may need a workplace adjustment in order to search for a job opening or completing an application including video interview, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
We offer a competitive Salary and Benefits package
July 21 2021
This Program is closed to applications.